Read about the Landmark College, Discuss the question whether programs designed to help youth with special needs enable them to avoid criminal involvement over the life course?
2. Watch the video “Teen Career Criminal May Have Struck Again” at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtlPBwemF1Y
- The Associated Press (AP) talks about teenagers who are career criminals.
- Discussion: Discuss what should be done with teenagers such as the one in the video.
According to self-control-theory can they be rehabilitated? Explain your answer
3. Read about “Honor Killings” on page 260 of the text book. Discuss the question what causes honor killings and why the victims are almost always girls.
4. Watch the video “Child Abuse: Cause and Effect” at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJJcFOST4QY
You can also google Child-abuse Videos!
- News show discusses the causes and consequences of child abuse.
- Discussion: Discuss what should be done with parents who abuse their children.
- Where does child abuse start? Which is worse: physical or psychological abuse?
- What are the consequences of child abuse?
- What can be done to rehabilitate abused children?
What programs could be implemented to prevent child abuse?