- Length: At least 1250 words (5 double-spaced pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner. Each topic should be discussed in your essay.
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. The title page and the reference page are not counted toward the required word count. Be sure to answer all questions. There should be clear headings in your paper that show each section you are addressing.
- References: As used, include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type.
- Submission: Submit your assignment to the DropBox
- Define the medical assistant’s role in diagnostic coding.
- Explain the most relevant points of the history of diagnostic coding.
- List the steps to correctly choose diagnosis codes.
- Describe the layout of the CPT coding book.
- List the steps to accurate CPT coding.
- Discuss how modifiers are used in procedural coding.
- Explain the use of the Health Care Common Procedure Coding System and coding guides for specialized medical practices.
- Explain the relationship between accurate documentation and reimbursements.
- Identify three types of payment typically made in the medical office.
- Describe the various types of collection issues in managed care.