DATA WAREHOUSING TERM PROJECT
Your term project report must contain two major components:
1. (40 points) A project report describing mainly the database design including:
- Full description of the objectives of your database system including the scope of the database;
- User requirements that the system will be able to address;
- Business rules;
- Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) of the system. The ERD should be in Crow’s Foot Model. It must include all the appropriate entities, keys, connectivity, and relationship participation, cardinalities are optional; and
- The data dictionary of the system.
2. (60 points) A database system in your preferred DBMS system. The system should provide the following functions:
- Data Entry and Update (20 points): SQL Create Table statements that can create the tables in a relational database. Take screenshots of the statements and their results. Insert the screenshots into your final report.
- Data Retrieval and Simple Reports (40 points): 5 sample queries in plain English and their SQL SELECT statements. Enable users to submit 5 queries to retrieve information and the system can produce 5 reports for managers or other users to understand the business operations. Take screenshots of the statements and their results. Insert the screenshots into your final report.
A drop box will be created for the project proposal and final report on Canvas. Please submit them by the deadlines as specified in the syllabus. The design phase report and the final report should be in a word document.