- title and author of the book in the subject line of your post
- In a paragraph, summarize the book. Include the title, author, and the diversity aspect of the book.
- In a second paragraph, describe your reaction to the book. (Do you like it? Why/why not? Would you recommend it? Why/why not?, etc.)
- Next, imagine that you would use this book in a teaching setting (e.g., a regular classroom, summer camp, or after school setting). In a third paragraph, describe the steps of a brief lesson when you would use this book to discuss the diversity topic of the book.
- List three additional websites, including the URL, that could be incorporated into or added on to the activity/lesson outline you provided in step 5. Why did you choose these resources? How would you incorporate them or add them to the lesson?
- As you were preparing your lesson, parts d and e, which ideas from the article, “Preparing for Culturally Responsive Teaching,” did you consider or apply when completing parts d and e? Why did you focus on those ideas?
link to article: https://www.theguardian.com/childrens-books-site/2014/oct/13/50-best-culturally-diverse-childrens-books
any article you choose is fine